Olameter Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project Supervisor for our Vernon, BC location. This position will support our Gas Meter Survey project with FortisBC. We are conducting a brief inspection of gas meters. This project has an estimated completion date of 4/2021.
This is a working supervisor position. In addition of supervising he day to day work of a team of Gas Meter Survey Technicians the Supervisor will also conduct gas meter surveys. The Supervisor provides training to staff and is the subject matter expert on how to inspect and survey gas meters. The Supervisor works with the team to ensure the quality and efficiency of the work performed and resolves customer and employee issues. This position assists the Project Manager in coordinating all phases of the project including testing and training of employees to maintain a well-prepared staff. Participates in the interviewing and hiring process, discipline and employee termination process.
$300.00 per week we pay 1.37 cents per meter, you will average $23-24/hr and have the opportunity to make much more per hour based on your productivity. We will reimburse each employee for company mileage on your vehicle at .45 cents per kilometer. Position may involve some overnight travel.
- Assist in ensuring that all route schedules are completed as planned.
- Recommend adjustments to ledgering and sequencing of gas meter routes to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Update data in IFS.
- Provide guidance and on the job training to field staff and assists in the interpretation and implementation of company work procedures, policies, and service standards. Acts as the go-to person when field staff needs assistance, or when reporting an issue with a customer or customer site.
- Perform field inspections of team on the job sites and observe that procedures and safety standards are being followed
- Satisfactorily resolve customer issues and answer customer questions according to company policies and procedures. Escalate issues to Project Manager when necessary.
- Provide Project Manager with daily reports. Provide input about staff performance to Project Manager.
- Assists manager in the hiring, discipline and termination process. Performs a survey route.
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Strong organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to teach and train others. Prefer some field and/or Utility related experience.
- Computer skills using Microsoft office and the ability to retrieve and enter information into a hand-held device or computer database.
- Ability to read, write; and follow and complete written instructions, as well as the ability to communicate instructions clearly to others.
- Ability to find locations/address by reading a map and hand-held device.
- Ability to communicate and interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
If you have the above skills, please keep reading:
Then we would like to have you apply!
Who We are:
Olameter Corporation has been a leading provider of Outsourced Utility Solutions for over 15 years. We currently service over 250 clients that range from large investor and government-owned utilities to small co-ops and municipalities. Olameter currently has over 2,000 employees and continues to grow every day. We are currently seeking career-driven, independent individuals who are looking for an opportunity to start a career that has mobility to move up the ladder.
This position involves working on your own in a field environment where you are able to maintain compliance with COVID-19 CDC Guidelines. Safety precautions for this position involves an open work environment (outside predominantly) for social distancing measures. Olameter Inc. Provides all necessary safety and health PPE.