Member Service Representative
Full-time, Headingley, MB
Starting salary - $37,050.00
Why should you join our team?
At Access Credit Union, we support a professional and innovative work environment with a corporate culture that uniquely embraces empowerment, accountability, and trust. We recognize and value each employee's contributions to our success, which is why we offer competitive compensation, 100% company paid health benefits, employer-matched pension plan, continuing education, and career advancement opportunities within our credit union.
At Access Credit Union, our values are straightforward:
- Do good
- Be better
- Own it
- Move forward
What will you be doing?
Our Member Service Representative (MSR) provides a high standard of financial service to existing and potential members, processing transactions and building relationships while promoting the products and services of the credit union. Our MSR’s are customer focused and committed to providing above and beyond experiences while serving our members.
- Creating positive impressions as the first point of contact for members and potential members contacting Access Credit Union.
- Process over the counter financial services in an efficient and professional manner, referring more complex issues to the appropriate person or department. Transactions may include deposits, withdrawals, loans and utility payments, money orders, credit card advances, calculation of foreign and domestic exchange and cheque cashing.
- Balance transactions including ATM, night deposits and the cash drawer on a daily basis.
- Build member relationships by resolving member problems/inquiries over the phone, chat, email, iTM, and other forms of communication.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and adhere to credit union policies and procedures on risk management, confidentiality, security and fraud prevention.
- Proactively respond, identify and cross-sell products and service using an advice-based approach
What do you need?
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience in customer/member service role, experience within a contact centre or financial service preferred
- Knowledge of Access Credit Union’s products and services
- Demonstrated desire to serve others in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to identify and willingness to act upon sales and service opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adhere to security procedures as they relate to the position including the safeguarding of cash, negotiable items and the prevention of fraudulent transactions.
Are you ready to?
- Be an ambassador for our brand, values and products
- Ensure things get done efficiently
- Go home each day feeling accomplished
- Challenge the status quo
- Build a career
- Continue learning
If you are interested in this position, apply today at accesscu.ca/careers. Application deadline is September 26, 2023.
We welcome diversity, value inclusion, and take pride in our vibrant corporate culture. Our team is a reflection of the members we serve and the communities we live in.
Access Credit Union welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,050.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-21