Who We Are:
StructureCraft is a unique, vertically integrated design-build company of 200 structural engineering and construction professionals that specializes in timber structures, incorporating steel, glass, concrete and other materials.
Since our beginning in 1998, we have pioneered award-winning solutions to help create carefully detailed building and bridge structures in timber, steel, glass, and concrete in which people the world over love to work and play.
We are rooted in our mission of “making beautiful structures possible,” which harnesses both traditional principles and paradigm-shifting innovation to bring the inherent properties of materials to their highest use. As a firm of master engineers and timber construction experts with offices in Canada, US, and Italy, we partner with world-renowned developers, owners and architects as the Engineer-of-Record to create structures that are elegant in their own right, and also serve the greater good of a community.
Our head office and shop is located in the beautiful Fraser Valley, just an hour east of Vancouver, and close to the growing Abbotsford airport. Our US office is located in Seattle, WA and European office in Trento, Italy.
We are building our Marketing Department and are looking for a talented and driven Marketing Manager to lead this area. If you’re passionate about creating and executing innovative marketing solutions that inspire an industry – this is it. Reporting directly to the Manager of Business Development with a dotted-line to the President, you will lead all marketing and communication activities for the firm.
- Manage and lead day-to-day marketing efforts with internal staff and key external agency relationships.
- Create and manage the marketing strategy, activity calendar & budget.
- Oversee the career and activities of marketing coordinator(s).
- Develop the plan and business case for departmental hiring.
- Communicate with internal team members and senior management on strategy and progress.
- Push forward StructureCraft's presence in the industry, becoming a champion for SC
- Establish a marketing plan, including sector analysis, identifying target audiences, and creating a customized go-to-market strategy for each sector
- Gather and analyze customer feedback, market trends, and conduct market analysis to enable successful strategies. Analytics reporting across all platforms to extract key insights for future marketing campaigns.
- Manage key relationships with industry partners
- Manage a variety of communication channels / projects including traditional, digital, social, PR, email and client communication.
- Manage StructureCraft media including project photos and footage and file database (liaise with operations group).
- Curate, manage and coordinate content across social media efforts to ensure consistency across all channels including project video, photography, and insights.
- Establish media documentation protocols for all projects so we can tell consistently creative stories in both written and video. Creative writing / positioning.
- Develop and manage educational and webinar programs for architects and industry colleagues that showcase StructureCraft’s insight and abilities.
- Develop and lead awards submissions, including the writing of technical content
- Develop and manage StructureCraft marketing material including project tearsheets, resumes, RFP/proposal development, etc.
- Manage and roll-out a consistent StructureCraft Brand 2.0 internally and externally (proposals, forms, templates, through to social media, website, magazines, ads, conference presence, etc)
- Manage and promote StructureCraft brand messaging and brand guidelines, both internally and externally
- Sell the StructureCraft brand identity in various markets, worldwide.
- Liaise across company departments to manage branding and marketing related activities.
- Develop and manage marketing/sales KPIs
- Support sales efforts through communications, attending tradeshows, and following up with prospective clients & partners.
- Assist Manager of BD in development, implementation, and management of CRM software.
- Some involvement and feedback in the sales funnel/pipeline, working with Manager of BD
- Support sales by managing tradeshow booth development
- Support company in arranging SC client events, company events
- Lead the management and coordination of a new StructureCraft website, working with appropriate agencies, web developers, internal stakeholders, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of related marketing experience in a Marketing and Communications role
- Proven experience working in a B2B Professional Service environment establishing best practices in sales funnel / CRM systems
- Knowledge and experience in the construction industry
- Experience developing and executing marketing communication strategies and brand development plans.
- Proven ability to build new relationships and foster existing relationships within and outside of your organization at a senior level.
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Marketing or equivalent an asset.
- Experience in or knowledge of the mass timber market an asset
Technical & Soft Skills:
- Naturally communicative and engaging
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Experience setting up, using and optimizing CRM systems, website CMS, and Google Analytics
- Experience in Content Marketing including social media management, creating photo and video content for web and social media, and email marketing.
- Ability to proactively think beyond the day-to-day tactics and effect change within an organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail and ability to write engaging technical narrative.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- marketing: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person