Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Ranger Enterprizes Ltd. - Portage La Prairie
- Portage la Prairie, MB
- Full-time, Permanent
Ranger Enterprizes is seeking a full-time experienced Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic for our Portage La Prairie shop. The ideal candidate will have a minimum journeyman classification, red seal is considered an asset. As the foreman, you are comfortable taking a leadership role and working in a collaborative manner. You take direction as needed but will lead by example in areas of safety, communication, work ethic, and adhering to company policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize the day-to-day operations of the repair shop.
- Supervise mechanics/apprentices to ensure optimal productivity, efficiency, and quality of all repairs.
- Oversee and guide apprentices.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all mechanics/apprentices comply with health/safety regulations, company policies, and protocols.
- Maintain daily communication with the owner and the administraitive assistant.
- Oversee and/or conduct post repair procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Journeyman certificate in Truck and Trailer mechanics, Red Seal considered an asset.
- Minimum 1 year in a supervisory position.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, including prioritization with the ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Superior problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,789.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- mechanical: 1 year (preferred)
- Journeyman (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)