Paradise Grotto is your nearest tropical oasis, inspired by the beautiful islands of Hawaii and beyond. As you step inside, you’ll discover a bar specializing in delicious rum cocktails and tropical ingredients. We also offer a range of non-alc and low-ABV drinks with a tropical flare for those who prefer a lighter option.
Our food menu features a variety of island-inspired dishes to complement your drinks, from coconut shrimp to roasted chicken and vegetarian options. Of course, no island bar would be complete without music and the sun – we plan to host day parties in our beautiful back garden all summer long. We can’t wait to see you in Paradise.
The Bartender is responsible for ensuring the best quality of customer service we can offer to our guests with the aim of fostering long-term relationships. Our bartenders have great energy and a passion for people that they bring to work everyday. They are excited about participating in our staff training program, making quality cocktails and crushing our steps of service.
If you’re hospitable in nature, we can train anyone on how to serve.
How do we help you succeed in this?
- Maintain and create an environment where all staff are properly trained and educated on our drinks, not just thrown behind the bar
- Regularly praising your achievements and successes
- Keeping our staff informed and educated on all our menu changes
- Reviewing and improving your recipe execution
- Staff outings by and/or to vineyards, breweries, and distillers for training
- Provide customers with dependable consistency between our drinks and service as laid out in our bar training program
- Demonstrate knowledge of our menu and can explain it in a way that shows passion for our food and beverage offerings
- Show great teamwork and communicate positively and professionally with all departments to ensure our guest needs are being met at all times
- Communicate guest feedback to the appropriate team members and managers
- Foster positive relationships with staff, guests, suppliers and the community at large
- Help identify areas for improvement regarding our growth objectives and goals
- Use checklists and par sheets to maintain stock for service areas, product rotation, labeling and FIFO to maintain standards, efficiency and reduce waste
- Occasionally audit accuracy of prices and descriptions of items on menu and POS
- Ensure all items are accounted for in their truest inventory accuracy including promotions, discounted items, waste, spills and “off” menu items
- Maintain a clean and inviting service area, including, but not limited to the patio spaces, kitchen, bathrooms and garbage areas and other guest-facing spaces
Promotions & Company Culture
- Participate in events and marketing promotions within our venue
- Participate in training seminars for product knowledge
- Attempts to be involved in events within our larger community
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- What is your availability?
- Do you have a valid Smart Serve? Is it valid for the upcoming recertification?
Work Location: In person