Accountable To: General Manager
- Direct and oversee all food & beverage operations, to include, but not limited to, production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
- Ability to create appropriate buffet displays up to 5-6 feet in height and the ability to set up, maintain and breakdown same.
- Interact with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate, and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food, Liquor Costs and Payroll
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Develop menus with other members of F&B team (Includes: cook, process, plating...)
- Accountable for monthly stock takes
- Provide incentives to team members to maximize sales and revenue
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Monitor and develop food & beverage team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Participate, support, and make recommendations for ongoing hotel programs with continues improvement in networking.
- Adhere to all applicable Company Standard Operating Procedures
- Must possess basic computational ability.
Safety & Security
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures, lost and found items and
- security concerns
- Adhere to all provincial and federal requirements regarding to the sale of alcohol
- Adhere to all Health Department requirements
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area free of hazards
- Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog)
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent education strongly preferred
- Management and/or supervisory F&B experience required.
- Experience managing a kitchen, developing staff, and managing foods cost required.
Please note: the successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Food and Beverage Management: 3 years (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person