Job Description: Autobody Paint Technician
The Autobody Paint Technician is responsible for cosmetic repairs to vehicles and repainting. You will be responsible for preparing and applying paint to a vehicle meticulously using a spray gun and other specialized painting equipment.
Special Housing Incentive available for up to 6 months.
Autobody Technician Responsibilities:
- File, grind, and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools.
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting.
- Remove old paint with the use of liquid paint removers, scrapers, or other effective techniques
- Properly administer, mix, blend, and match paint colours.
- Prepare vehicle to ensure clean surfaces for best painting results.
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces using brush or spray guns.
- Using other materials such as lacquer, resin to paint surfaces.
- Polish the vehicle to ensure excellent finish.
- Carry out proper examination upon completion of painting.
- Ensure equipment and hand tools are properly maintained.
- Properly clean and maintain paint booth by replacing filters and fan belts.
- Keep shop and equipment neat and tidy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Autobody Technician Requirements:
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Also be able to work well with others to become a part of our team
- Be flexible and adaptable to customer demands.
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative and adjust to changes set out by management.
- Effective communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- Motivated and follows instructions.
- Works well under pressure.
- Skilled Trade Certificate (required).
- Red Seal license (preferred).
- Class 5 Alberta Drivers license (required).
- General physical skills may include carrying, standing, sitting, walking, reaching.
- Be meticulous in all painting duties
- Desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Broad vehicle product knowledge including off-makes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Housing allowance
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4G9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- auto body repair: 1 year (preferred)
- Red Seal license (preferred)
Work Location: In person