We are looking for an experienced leader to fill the role of Lodge Manager at Tyax Lodge & Heliski in the South Chilcotin Mountains of British Columbia. The Lodge Manager will have 5+ years of leadership experience including oversight of lodging operations and food & beverage, and a passion for creating life-changing mountain experiences for our guests and our employees.
The Lodge Manager provides direct leadership in all areas related to the on-site experience at Tyax including the guest services, housekeeping, maintenance, F&B departments, the gift shop, camping, chalet, and spa programs. This position includes oversight and management of the operating budget, daily problem solving, interviewing, hiring and coaching.
Throughout the operating seasons the Lodge Manager will show a large degree of flexibility in working hours with most days worked as a split-shift in the winter season, and weekend and holiday coverage in the spring, summer, and fall seasons.
This role is lodge based and includes accommodation.
The Lodge Manager role and responsibilities are expected to evolve as Tyax grows, and as such adaptations to the list of responsibilities below should be expected.
- Key member of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the General Manager, and connecting the lodge operations with the remote based Sales, Marketing, HR, and Accounting teams.
- Delivery of Heliski packages, chalets, campground, summer events, small groups, OTAs reservations, transient reservations.
- Responsible for building, leading and managing the annual operating plan, lodge operations weekly team meeting, lodge team individual action items and team projects.
- Works with the Lodge Team to reach annual and quarterly goals and KPI’s outlined collaboratively with the General Manager.
- Overarching Human Resources duties for all Tyax employees within your department , including recruitment, onboarding, training, coaching. Provide direction, feedback, and ongoing coaching to develop and lead staff.
- Communicate with supervisors, office personnel, and area management staff throughout Tyax in a cooperative and effective manner.
- Execute the hospitality operations for existing (and new) winter and summer experiences (includes heli-skiing, weddings, corporate events, etc.)
- Shows up to work with a growth mindset, continuously looking to Improve the business processes for each department through analysis and collaboration.
- Works with the General Manager team to review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
- Leads the lodge team to deliver an exceptional guest experience, setting and maintaining service standards, service recovery, and adequate training.
- Acts as a main point of contact and host for guests. Responsible for all pre-arrival (post-booking) and post-stay guests inquiries, complaints, and feedback.
- Works with the Front Desk team to manage phone and email reservations for periods where the Sales & Reservations Manager is unavailable (weekends and vacation periods).
- Works with the General Manager to create a safe and enjoyable work environment for all employees, adhering to Occupational Health & Safety requirements, Worksafe BC, WHMIS, etc.
- Plays a critical role in the Tyax Emergency Response plan procedures as required in an emergency.
- Works with department supervisors to do monthly, weekly, and daily schedules for all Lodge Staff. Fills in as required for any gaps in resources for on-site team.
- Oversight of lodge cash handling including daily cashouts and petty cash, safe, lodge tip outs.
- System ownership: Squirrel, Moneris, Key Cards, Guest folio, OTA extranets, Roomkey, lock programming, phones, internet, etc. Set-up of individual clerk id’s for squirrel and roomkey, ensuring each team member has proper access.
- Ownership of staff accommodation.
- Guest feedback- survey administration- guests complaints and employee feedback sit with lodge manager- weekly review.
- Gift shop ownership; delegating duties and responsibilities amongst the guest services team.
- Administration including, but not limited to: rooming lists assignment, payroll, accounts payable, filing, reservation audits, payment processing, producing daily reports for lodge team, waiver implementation, stationary audits and supplier ordering.
Job Type: Full-time