Join our Team!
Smitty’s is one of Canada’s largest all-day family restaurant chains, operating from coast to coast. Almost all our restaurants are fully licensed, and a majority have separate lounges to accommodate teams, sports fans, and the happy hour crowd.
Our locations are always looking for experienced Prep Cooks and talented individuals.
- Prep Cook - duties include:
- Daily preparation and management of prep recipes
- Management of prep/par charts ensuring freshness, shelf life, and proper food safe practices are controlled.
- As a Prep Cook you also need to be made aware of any daily specials put into place for the day, so the accurate amount of product is available. You may be required to:
- Cut meats using a slicer
- Portion all product that needs to be portioned
- Prepare soups and sauces
- Slice, dice, or julienne produce
- Cook using the convection oven i.e. chicken, turkey, bread, etc.
· QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience as a Prep Cook
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must be able to communicate clearly with other staff and management
- Organizational Skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3P 2M4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Prep Cook: 1 year (required)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person