We’re looking for a Teller for future consideration
If you’re the type of person who asks thoughtful questions, loves to help others, and seeks new challenges, then this is a great opportunity for you to join our deposit sales team in our Steinbach branch. We are one of Manitoba’s largest credit unions, and we’re looking for someone with the passion and skills to go above and beyond for each of our members.
What’s your role at SCU?
As one of the first points of contact with members, you are the face of SCU. This makes your role essential to our success. Knowing this, your goal is to provide advice to each member on their journey of saving and spending wisely. To do that, you will:
- Help members manage their day-to-day banking: Efficiently and accurately provide a variety of banking services, including accepting deposits, cashing cheques, calculating foreign exchange, processing loan payments, and completing money orders.
- Build and strengthen member relationships: Ask thoughtful questions in order to recommend products and services that will best meet the member’s financial needs.
- Refer members to other specialists: Determine which specialists can best help members take the next step on their financial journey, such as member services, insurance, investments, or lending.
- Grow your skills and knowledge: Learn more about a variety of role-related areas, including financial services, technology, fraud prevention, and member service.
We are dedicated to offering our members capable and qualified guidance. Here are the experiences and abilities we’re looking for when hiring a new member of our team:
- A detail and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to problem solve while working quickly, efficiently, and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with proficiency in technology and numeracy.
- A grade 12 diploma, plus 1–3 years of sales, cash, and customer service-related experience. A business degree or post-secondary education is considered an asset.
- Credit union experience & bilingualism are both assets.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? Tell us about yourself by submitting a resume and cover letter. Visit our website.
How we'll reward you
You can look forward to joining an organization that values teamwork and its membership. You will receive a competitive annual salary based on skills and experience. In addition, you would be eligible for* variable compensation and matched pension plan *per SCU policies. You will also receive a great host of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental, vision benefits, plus a healthcare spending account (100% of premiums are paid by SCU)
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Employee Banking Benefits (i.e. free chequing account, credit card perks, bonus rate on deposit and lending products)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Clothing allowance
- Free parking
Accessibility and inclusivity
We believe our employees should represent the diversity of our members and the communities in which we live and serve, and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Closing Date: June 26, 2023
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time