Waterloo Biofilter Systems Inc. is a Canadian owned and operated company that develops, manufactures, and maintains advanced onsite wastewater treatment systems. Our mission is to protect soil and water resources through innovative wastewater treatment solutions and staying committed to high quality treatments, low electricity usage, and system dependability. Since 1991, our technology has proven to be the most reliable system available, and we continually strive to lead the industry in innovation and service. We pride ourselves on our outstanding team of employees who stand behind our company and our systems; not only leading the industry, but providing a supportive community that allows for both personal and professional growth. Our entire team, whether on the warehouse floor, in the office, or out in the field, utilizes collaboration and teamwork alongside continuous improvement in order to get the job done right – that’s “The Waterloo Way”.
This position will consist of a combination of assisting our Maintenance Department along with our Manufacturing Department. Tasks from our Maintenance department will consist of providing assistance during wastewater system installations. Tasks from our Manufacturing department will consist of assisting a production lead in the fabrication and/or assembly of a variety of wastewater treatment filters (Biofilters) using a variety of hand tools.
· Experience with common hand/power tools
· Ability to interpret and follow basic production, electrical, and design drawings
· A willingness to travel throughout Ontario, as travel is required with this position. There will also be periodic overnight stays
· Ability to consistently and safely lift up to seventy (70) pounds
· Basic electrical and plumbing knowledge is an asset
· Ability to commute to our head office in Guelph
· Must have strong organizational skills
· Must have strong troubleshooting skills
· General knowledge of measuring devices
· Work independently, as well as assisting other technicians on occasion
· Strong emphasis on inter-department teamwork and collaboration
· Ability to work forty (40) hours per week
· Comfortability working outside in all-season environments
Waterloo Biofilter Systems Inc. manufactures and maintains wastewater treatment systems out of our Guelph Ontario warehouse location. We offer a combination of indoor and outdoor working environments. Labourers and installers are called to work as a cohesive team under the guidance of Production Leads during daily activities.
Salary: $18-$22 per hour
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON N1H 7M6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you a resident of Ontario Canada?
- Are you able to perform basic construction skills using hand tools?
- Are you able to commute to our Guelph location?
- Class G Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22