Heavy Duty Truck and Transport Mechanic
Alternative Landscaping Ltd. is a local, family-run company that has been creating award-winning outdoor landscapes for more than two decades. We complete commercial and residential projects in landscaping, excavation, and maintenance and operate a year-round garden center that services southwestern Manitoba. Constantly striving to provide "Superior Workmanship by People Who Care", the Alternative Team works hard every day to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and create projects that will have a lasting impact in the region. Check out our website at www.alternativegroup.ca
Alternative Landscaping Ltd. is currently seeking a Truck and Transport Mechanic to join its dynamic growing team. The successful candidate will work to complete diagnostics, service, and repairs to truck and trailers, various types of small engine equipment and heavy equipment for all Alternative Departments.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting wages based on experience; increases based on performance.
- Full-time seasonal work with the opportunity for year-round employment.
- While occasional weekend work may be required, our norm is 10-hour shifts Monday through Friday.
- Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance Benefits (after 30 days).
- Being part of a strong, hardworking team that takes great pride in their work.
- Opportunity for development within a growing company.
What you will bring to the team:
- Journeyperson Truck and Transport Mechanic.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in repair/maintenance of heavy equipment or related machinery
- Ability to detect and diagnose operating problems
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to read and interpret operator and manufacturer specifications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks.
- Collaborative team player.
- Basic computer skills are considered an asset.
- Hold a valid driver’s license (class 1 an asset).
- Experience with maintenance welding is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$34.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandon, MB R7A 4J6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- mechanical: 2 years (required)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
- Journeyman (required)
- Trade Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person