Position Title: Registered Nurse – ED
Position Status: Full Time
About the Position
Norfolk General Hospital is seeking a Full Time Registered Nurse for our Emergency Department. The ideal candidate is dedicated to patient care and committed to championing the Hospital’s Mission to relieve illness and suffering, and help people live healthier lives.
Education & Qualifications
- Hold a current certificate of competence for a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario
- Current Emergency nursing experience
- Demonstrated practice reflecting the CNO professional standards of:
- Service to the public
- Application of Knowledge
- Continued competence
- Professional Behaviour – accountability/responsibility
- Demonstrated commitment to patient partnered care
- IV Certification
- Current CPR certificate – BCLS-C level
- Certificate in ACLS
- PALS or ENPC, Critical Care, Triage and TNCC preferred
- Able to apply standards from the National Emergency Nursing Association and Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses to nursing practice
- Able to work in fast turnaround areas and in critical patient situations
- Good interpersonal skills and interdisciplinary relationships
- Computer skills
- Familiar with Meditech order entry and documentation systems
- Excellent attendance record and ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays as required.
- Adherence to all health and safety policies, procedures and provisions and the recognition and reporting of unsafe hazards and work practices
Hours of Work: Applicants must be willing to work shifts, weekends and holidays as required
Located in Simcoe, Ontario, Norfolk General Hospital provides exceptional healthcare to a municipality of approximately 69,000 people. Our area of focus provides a continuum of service throughout the life span of the people we serve including Emergency,
Critical Care, Pediatrics, Medicine, Surgery, and Complex Continuing Care. Employing approximately 550 highly skilled and dedicated employees, Norfolk General Hospital continues to be a full service 106-bed hospital with round the clock on-call coverage of
Specialists in Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics, as well as on-site 24 hour per day medical coverage.
Simcoe is less than one hour away from most major centers, including Hamilton and London, and only 90 minutes from the Greater
Toronto Area. Situated in Norfolk County (Ontario’s South Coast), Simcoe is not far from Lake Erie and the 88 miles of shoreline that includes long stretches of sandy beach.
Interested applicants must submit a current cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing
Home provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Some conditions may apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.24-$49.02 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Simcoe, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: In person