Civeo Services is looking to fill Second Cook/ Baker positions at our lodges located near Fort McMurry. The successful candidates will assist the First Cook including meals preparation, breakfast items, kitchen maintenance and cleaning, maintain inventory, safety and teamwork. Reporting to the designated supervisor, the successful candidate will work a 20 days on and 10 days off rotation, which may include days, nights, weekend shifts, and statutory holidays. We are offering a Hiring bonus!
- Providing support to the First Cook, the Cook will prepare and cook menu items as they are received in accordance with established menu specifications.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly cleaning lists are completed.
- Ensure food quality, food safety and service standards are met and maintained daily.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures by following company Safe Work Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Rotates fruits, vegetables and other groceries using the First In First Out method (FIFO).
- Assists with inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
- Drive and deliver food to other locations
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- 1-3 years of culinary experience working in a high volume kitchen, preferably in a remote lodge environment
- Valid Food Safety certification valid.
- CSTS and CSO Safety certification.
- First Aid certification is an asset.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, pull, push, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Civeo Services is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $5,000.00-$7,000.00 per month
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person