VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking for Station Service Attendants/ Counter Sales Agents to work for its London, Kitchener and Brantford Stations.
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt appreciation for their business. We share your belief and have built our reputation on providing excellent service, in a safe and secure environment.
You will guide passengers in the station or on the platform accordingly and you will also:
- verify tickets
- make announcements and provide information on train arrivals, departures as well as delays
- assist passengers with special needs
- perform general janitorial duties in and outside the station
Here are a few other tasks you will be responsible for:
- manipulate baggage, packages or other items such as sports equipment
- work outdoors in all climactic conditions
- operate a motorized vehicle in narrow areas
- load supplies aboard the train
Some important details about the job:
You will work at our Kitchener and Brantford stations.
You are available to work on:
- variable schedule including weekends and holidays (with a minimum guarantee of 20 hours).
- shifts varying between 4 and 10 hours a day (beginning as early as 4:30 am and ending as late as 23:30 unless the train is late)
- Layoffs will occur during low season
$25.26 et $29.26 per hour
In Kitchener or London