Job Title: Learning and Development Training Specialist
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Pay: Salary will depend on candidate's skills and qualifications
Build an Aviation Career You're Proud Of
Your work ties us all together, helping our teams function and operate. Experience opportunities to learn and be a part of an organization that has your back. And with competitive compensation and total rewards, you'll also enjoy our great perks.
Do you possess strong organizational skills and thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments? If so, you will love the freedom of doing things your way as a skilled, self-motivated training coordinator with our top-tier company. You will enjoy being supported and encouraged by a stellar team of individuals who bring a variety of abilities and strengths to the table. Enjoy participating in our attractive rewards and benefits programs as you showcase your abilities in a respected and commanding position. If you're craving fulfillment, continuous upward movement and a huge amount of satisfaction in what you do, consider becoming a valued Training Coordinator within our talented organization!
Provides performance consultation to business unit/departments, aligning training and development activities to meet both short-term needs and long-term resource planning objectives. Maintains training systems in compliance with customer, regulatory, quality and internal requirements. Coordinates, monitors and assesses training activities to ensure performance standards are achieved and capabilities continuously improved.
- Provide performance consultation to business units/departments.
- Align training activities with short-term needs and long-term resource planning objectives.
- Maintain training systems in compliance with customer, regulatory, quality, and internal requirements.
- Coordinate, monitor, and assess training activities to achieve performance standards.
- Update critical skills matrix for direct employees quarterly.
- Develop critical skills matrix for indirect employees annually.
- Track metrics on critical skills gained/lost through recruitment/attrition monthly.
- Identify training gaps in operations/support functions.
- Develop evaluation/validation of training effectiveness.
- Maintain training inventory; schedule courses; manage documentation.
- Coordinate On-The-Job Training (OJT) trainer evaluations/tracking progress of trainees.
- Support senior leadership succession planning.
- Completion of a Bachelor's program related to assigned duties
- 3-6 years of directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning
- Experience in aviation operations related to mechanics' training program requirements
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design process
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong planning/organizational/leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, quality standards, and administrative policies/procedures applicable to training and development
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Care
- Company Pension with 100% match up to 5% vested
- Paid Time Off starting on day one
- Bonus opportunities based on performance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability coverage
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Learning & Training opportunities
When you work at StandardAero, you're not just an employee, you're part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It's a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone's success.
StandardAero is one of the world's largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers' missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
StandardAero offers equal employment opportunities for all. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.