We are seeking a deadline driven Bookkeeper with outstanding time management and communication skills to join the Envoi team as a part-time contractor.
If you are obsessed with attention to detail, are a great communicator, and take pride in your bookkeeping skills, then this may be the job for you!
In this role, you will be working up to 10 hours a week, with responsibilities increasing as onboarding progresses. Initially, we expect 3 to 5 hours of work, to facilitate a management learning curve. You will work closely with the People and Culture Manager and report directly to our CFO. You will be responsible for processing weekly payroll, invoicing, recording expenses, and providing support across accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
This role is open to all geographic regions in Canada with preference given to applicants residing in Ontario and the surrounding provinces due to our strict bookkeeping deadlines.
This is the perfect role for you, if you have:
- A mastery of communication in a timely and reliable manner while working with a team that is in different time zones.
- An obsession with details to ensure that people are paid accurately and on time, and our customers are invoiced perfectly and punctually. This is critical to this role as the turn-around time for certain processes is limited.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role.
- Strong organization and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Deep understanding of Canadian payroll processing and systems. (We use Quickbooks Online for our bookkeeping, and Wagepoint for payroll).
- Experience, knowledge, and application of accounting principles.
- An expert in Excel and Google Sheets.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Experience processing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Processing weekly (x2), bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll, for contractors, part-time, and full-time employees. (140 pay runs each calendar year).
- Creating and sending weekly invoices and tracking receivables.
- Onboarding team members and drivers into the payroll system.
- Recording expenses.
- Reconciling our books and keeping them up to date.
- Performing other services including investigating and resolving internal and external inquiries, payment discrepancies, and outstanding payables, and receivables.
- Generating financial reports as required.
Who we are:
Envoi is a venture-backed, scaling startup solving one of the most challenging problems in the logistics and e-commerce delivery space, the one of last-mile delivery. We obsess over everything that happens between the moment a user clicks the "submit order" button and the moment the item arrives in their home, solving one problem after another to get it there in the most user friendly and efficient way possible.
Think of the last time you ordered an item you really wanted from any online retailer. You've researched it, read the reviews and are excited to have it and ready to hold it in your hands. Once you click the "submit order" button, you're in our world.
For more information on our company, please visit our website.
Why join Envoi:
We are a fun, vibrant, fully remote company with team members located coast to coast across Canada.
Apply online with a copy of your resume. We encourage timely submissions of applications as candidates will be actively reviewed as they apply and the interview process may advance earlier.
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
We thank you for applying at Envoi and look forward to connecting with you!