- Nova Truck Centres, a division of Nova Enterprises Limited, is a Freightliner and Western Star dealership with five locations across Nova Scotia. Recognized as an Employer of Choice by the Trucking Human Resource Sector Council Atlantic, we are a dynamic company within a competitive market
- Position Profile: Taking direction from the Foreman, this postion completes repairs and/or services on heavy-duty trucks/buses and transportation equipment to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsibilities: Leads and/or assists in preparing Truck and equipment for painting; including vehicle teardown, collision repair. After painting you will reassemble the vehicle.
- Assists other staff as required. Updates service foreman of any unforeseen problems or completion time changes so the customer can be notified. Updates foreman when job is completed Write repair “story” on work orders to document repairs completed and problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs. Maintains company tooling and equipment as well as general shop housekeeping to promote a safe work environment. May be responsible for providing guidance to apprentices during repairs.
- A truck autobody licensed Red Seal designation is preferred. Must be at least a Level 2 Apprentice level
- Good physical condition to perform physically demanding duties. Must have aptitude to continually learn and upgrade skills/knowledge in the trade. Positive attitude and team player. Strong communication skills, patience and commitment to the customer. Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills. Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn in house programs. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity, good hand-eye coordination, strength, stamina & agility.
- Join our Team! We offer: Competitive compensation. Comprehensive health benefits plan. Company matching RRSP program. Industry focused training. We invite you to apply by sending your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$32.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- BIBLE HILL, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- motor vehicle body repair qualification (preferred)
Work Location: In person