Senior Project Manager (Construction)
BIG ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW, SMALL ENOUGH TO KNOW YOU
Allnorth is a multi-disciplinary engineering, project delivery, and construction services company. We provide smart and practical project solutions to clients in the metals and minerals, energy and renewables, fiber and chemicals, and infrastructure sectors. With offices across Canada, and into the US and Mexico, we continue to grow!
Our team is our most valuable asset, and a triple bottom line (TBL) philosophy is at the heart of our business. It takes a talented, motivated and empowered team to delight our clients, driving profitability for all parties. When it comes to guiding principles, safety is part of our DNA, we are committed to building and nurturing Indigenous relationships, we support our communities, and we recognize the importance of environmental stewardship.
Allnorth’s Project Delivery Group works closely with clients to plan and manage their projects from initial concept through to delivery. The group is comprised of multi-disciplinary teams skilled at providing creative and cost-effective solutions, with a focus on ensuring high-quality outcomes and maximizing return on project investments.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a seasoned Project Manager skilled at integrating seamlessly with clients. You have a successful track record of executing projects with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost control, and schedule. In this role, you will deliver of a variety of industrial projects, both domestic and international, and foster a spirit of teamwork, collaboration, and innovation within our growing Project Delivery Group. We are recruiting proactively for upcoming projects with a start date in the latter part of this year.
A Day in the Life
- Ultimate accountability for overall project performance.
- Implement Allnorth’s values and vision to successfully deliver projects from concept through turnover.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and mentoring team members through all phases of project life cycle.
- Oversee the development of project plans and procedures to safely and efficiently deliver successful projects.
- Ensure project risks are identified and ensure that the proper mitigation measures are put in place.
- Liaise with clients, vendors, and other key project stakeholders to clearly define project requirements and expectations.
- Oversee procurement processes and contract management.
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering and construction activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Proactively identify and resolve performance, scope, and schedule issues as they arise.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 10+ years of extensive construction project management experience in industrial, multi-disciplinary settings.
- Experience in planning and executing complex projects in industrial settings
- Ability to effectively collaborate with individuals at all levels and develop positive relationships with colleagues, contractors and clients.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and potentially projects
- Well versed in utilizing 3D models, CAD software and project schedules
- Post-secondary education in engineering. Registration as a P.Eng., or eligibility to be registered as a P.Eng., is an asset.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Previous experience delivering projects in an EPCM environment is considered an asset.
- Role may be site based, dependent upon project requirements.
What’s in it for you?
We believe that a happy and fulfilled team leads to exceptional results, which is why we offer a range of perks designed to support your well-being, career growth and community engagement.
- Work schedule and location are flexible, allowing for better work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package includes extended health and dental coverage, a healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee Assistance Program for team members and their families
- A culture of respect and inclusivity fosters long term relationships and a team atmosphere
- Professional development and growth opportunities (e.g. New and Young Worker Mentorship program)
- Opportunity to become a shareholder in a team-owned company
- Team Member Referral Program
- A paid “Volunteer Day” away from work to support the community
- Monthly “Lunch & Learn” sessions
- Opportunities to bond with other team members, have fun and make a difference through involvement in social and safety committees, as well as fundraising and community support initiatives (e.g. Movember, Pi Day, Food Banks, Women’s Shelters, Ronald McDonald House, Earth Day clean ups, etc.).
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU SO YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF OUR CLIENTS
In joining us you’ll face rewarding, career-developing challenges that enable you to contribute to our clients’ successes, and despite how much we grow, you’ll never be just a number, but rather a vital member of the Allnorth Team.
Engage with us at Allnorth and be empowered to enrich people’s lives, including your own.
Allnorth is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.