Who you are
- You love challenges…you seek them to solve them (not to create them, though!)
- You have at least 6 months of customer service work experience in retail or a distribution center (Returns or Cashier experience is a plus, but not necessary)
- You have an amazing attention for detail and can effortlessly juggle multiple priorities while keeping a smile on your face
- Your customer service skills are top notch – you meet all customers with compassion and understanding, can handle long queues, and can assess a problem and deliver a solution quickly.
- Your coordination skills are top notch – you can brush your teeth, iron your clothes, feed the dog, make a cup of coffee, and just get things done in a beautiful, quick, effortless sequence (or something like that!)
- You are quite comfortable with computers and are generally technology-savvy
- You are totally cool with working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, environment (where you may have to lift heavy items that weigh up to 50 lbs. at any given time)
About this work area
- Be an IKEA Ambassador by recognizing that the customer experience depends on your seamless ability to provide memorable customer service and problem solve in a fair and timely manner
- Actively listen and identify customer needs, process transactions according to IKEA returns and exchange policies, and handle cash according to IKEA policy
- Maintaining an ongoing awareness of daily and weekly service/delivery targets
- Ensuring that our stock accuracy and inventory integrity is maintained by meticulously following Returns/Exchange policies and routines.
- Staying current with your IKEA product knowledge, our in-store and online specials, any updates on returns and exchange policies, and having a good awareness of all Customer Relations action plans
- Responsible for ensuring recovered product is put away properly, that your area is stocked and presentable visually, and that all shelf labels are clear and accurate
- Stay knowledgeable on IKEA products, in-store and online specials, as well as all applicable internal policies and standards
- Assist team members with additional duties, as required
At IKEA it’s all about our customers, and in Customer Relations we build and retain long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment. We’re a diverse team that work together to ensure a positive and joyful experience for all IKEA visitors and customers: we set up services, gather feedback and make things right! Our modus operandi is to connect to people by listening to their personal needs and to create genuine interactions. We’re a bunch of people who are truly passionate about people!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Checkouts Co-worker
Please note: This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.