Support and drive ABS Quality Program and perform inspections as required.
- Use precision inspection tools/equipment to perform Receiving, In-Process, Final and First Article (dimensional and visual) inspections as required.
- Review and approve quality reports, e.g. Material test reports, NDT reports, special process reports, etc.
- Prepare and submit customer quality documentation packages for approval and release.
- Perform NDT inspection e.g. magnetic particle inspection and dye penetrant inspection when required.
- Coordinate 3rd party NDT inspection, customer source inspections or witness points.
- Initiate NCRs, perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Maintain and ensure material/part traceability throughout the manufacturing process
- Ensure proper traveller sign-off(s) and all quality documents are accurate and maintained throughout the manufacturing process.
- Perform internal quality audits as required to ensure that ABS remains complaint to its QMS.
- Ensure that the ABS Quality Management System is monitored, managed, and continually improved to meet the requirements of all applicable quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand advanced engineering drawings, including GD&T.
- Skilled with mechanical inspection techniques of larger parts, over 24”, using a variety of inspection tools, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, thread gauges. CMM experience an asset.
- Experience with ISO standards and/or equivalent quality, military, or government standards.
- Ability to read, interpret, and adhere to quality documents or specifications.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 Apps and general computer skills. CAD/CAM experience an asset.
- Ability to work with processes and procedures, detail, and required documentation.
- Proficient language skills for communication with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and vendors.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, with ability to multi-task. Excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to work with a team, share expertise, and follow instructions to accomplish established goals
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person