Here is a look at our total rewards:
- Regularly scheduled shifts– Day, evening, or overnight shifts.
- Competitive wages between $20.55-$22.49
- Overnight and weekend shift premiums paid in addition.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid orientation and ongoing training
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Advanced training provided on site
Your role with clients
As a Personal Support Worker-Crisis, you will work as a member of our interdisciplinary team and provide quality person-centered support to adults experiencing crisis related to substance use and mental health. As a support worker, you will provide a variety of practical and emotional supports to facilitate crisis stabilization and effective community re-integration.
- Support participants with community involvement and independence to optimize the individual’s quality of life.
- Support participants in achieving wellness goals in relation to substance use, mental health, and other domains.
- Assist with daily living activities, and skills development to promote client goals and well-being.
- Daily documentation and reporting
- Medication Administration (as delegated)
- Manage challenging behaviours and situations
- Assist with household activities and chores as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Certificate from a related field such as Diploma in Behavior Science, Mental Health, Addictions, Social Services, Developmental Service Worker (DSW), Child and Youth Worker, Degree or Diploma from a Human Services related program. Consideration of Personal Support Worker certificate with relevant experience.
- Progressive experience in addictions or mental health; experience in concurrent disorders or trauma informed practice an asset.
- Current CPR (Level C) and First Aid Certificate
- Clear Criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector Screening dated within the last 12 months.
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills
- Previous community experience working with adults with mental health issues and challenging behavior would be considered an asset
We are Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, reliably delivering innovative rehabilitation and home care programs that help our clients achieve their health goals. With 250+ locations and supporting more than 800 communities, people are at the heart of what we do. Every day, all across the country, our 13,000 staff work together to make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives and help shape healthcare for the better. Learn more at cbihealth.ca.
Join us at CBI Health - Because your care matters
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and CBI Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process. Please inform your recruiter if you have any accommodation requests.
Technical/other training or better