JOURNEYMAN PLUMBER/OPERATIONS MANAGER
- Are you a driven, team-oriented leader?
- Do you love mechanical trades and take great pride in your work?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment where resourcefulness and problem solving are the norm?
- Do you want the freedom of managing your own crews of dedicated workers?
- Are you interested in new tools, technologies and innovations to the mechanical industry?
- Do you have what it takes to join an all-star team of trade professionals in a high-performance, growing, Okanagan mechanical company?
If you answered yes to the above, please read on!
ABOUT GROUNDSWELL MECHANICAL:
We are a family owned and operated mechanical company based in Vernon and proudly serving the North and Central Okanagan region with plumbing, gas fitting, HVAC, and hydronic heating installations. We have worked hard over the past 10 years to earn a reputation in the community of integrity, reliability, and excellence.
Every work day is different as we provide our services across many different job site environments. These include high end residential custom homes, substantial residential renovations, and also commercial tenant improvements or new commercial builds for professional spaces. Our focus is primarily in the new construction sector but we also offer emergency service and routine maintenance to our valued customers if we can accommodate.
We are a young company stoked about the mechanical trades and excited about new technologies and innovations in the industry. We also take a lot of pride in training dedicated apprentices and fostering a passion for the trades in them through our diverse, thorough on the job training. We are energetic, ambitious and we are looking for like-minded tradesmen who can help us meet the growing demand for our services. This is where you come in...
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are a Red Seal Journeyman Plumber with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the trade and a working knowledge of the BC Plumbing and Gas codes as well as hydronic heating installations.
- You have leadership experience organizing and managing job sites with small crews of workers under your supervision
- You are detail oriented and have a passion to produce the highest standards of work in the mechanical industry.
- You enjoy the ever-changing work scopes, job sites, and environments that accompany construction.
- You are a self-motivated, reliable team player who can handle responsibilities and challenges.
- You find it rewarding to motivate, oversee, and train apprentices.
- You are an “outside the box” thinker who gets creative and resourceful about solving problems.
(THE ROLE) YOU WILL BE:
- Assisting in the set up and supervision of new projects, effectively transitioning them from sales to production
- Coordinating site meetings with clients and general contractors to review initial scopes of work and job site conditions
- Coordinating the equipment, materials, and tools needed to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Holding accountability to crew leaders for production schedules, budgets, and quality control on all projects.
- Accountable to company management for planning and executing attainable goals for projects through weekly Goal Setting and Review meetings
- Assisting to build weekly production schedules for the crews
- Occasionally installing and supervising the installation of plumbing, gas, and heating systems in a residential and/or commercial construction environment.
- Earn a great, competitive salary with potential for bonuses, health benefits, and other rewards based on your performance.
- Company vehicle, cell phone and iPad
- Enjoy the freedom and independence of setting your own schedule based on task oriented deliverables.
- Be a part of an amazing team with other trades professionals who work hard and have fun together.
- Experience the diversity of the mechanical industry with many different tasks and job sites that change from day to day.
- Receive ongoing industry training and support for professional growth from company management.
If you feel ready to take on an awesome new adventure, please connect with our owner, Travis, and let him know why you’d be a great fit for our team.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Hydronic Heating: 5 years (preferred)
- Management/leadership: 2 years (preferred)
- Journeyman: 8 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
- Red Seal Plumbing Certificate (required)
- Class B Gas Fitter's License (required)
Work Location: In person