The Laborer is responsible for assisting trade men on-site and working with other members of team. The successful laborer is a handy man who is able to use various hand tools with ease and willing to help with all aspects of building and property maintenance including the physical grounds, preventive, corrective and deferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all work has been completed in a safe, prompt and professional manner.
- Operate dry ice blasting equipment.
- Basic Preventive maintenance to the dry ice blasters and pellet maker.
- Follow instructions, general policies and safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Willing to learn, trainable.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Working with low supervision.
- Safety oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to perform all required tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work safety habits.
- Able to physically perform the following duties for prolonged periods of time.
- Unassisted lifting up to 50 pounds, Bending, Walking, Kneeling and Stretching.
- Able to work in confined spaces, indoors and outdoors in all climates.
- Must have reliable transportation as the plant is not accessible to public transport.
- Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 4 x 10 hours.
- Sometimes working on the heights (up to 25 feet).
- Driving fork lift.
- Driving scissor lift.
- Heavy Lifting up to 80 lbs..
- Bending and climbing.
- Working using dry ice.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Pay: $19.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rocky View, AB T4A 0P7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person