Wapiti Gravel Suppliers, a division of NPA Ltd. is one of Western Canada's largest paving contractors, with over 700 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
Are you a reliable and professional person with your Class 1? Do you have experience operating an end dump truck? ARe you looking for a new opportunity where you will be apart of a company who values your contributions?
Wapiti Gravel Suppliers, a division of N.P.A., is currently hiring an experienced Dump Truck Driver for the 2023 Construction Season.
- Operate trucks in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that the vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment used is properly positioned.
- Ensure proper loading of asphalt and aggregates, while minimizing segregation, which can adversely affect the quality of the roads surface.
- Verify the type and weight of the materials being hauled.
- Ensure the on time delivery of asphalt, aggregates and other road construction materials, reducing bottlenecks in the construction process.
- Hose, shovel or take out the truck box to remove debris, when necessary
- Ensure all vehicle documents and applicable permits are valid and present in the vehicle.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company's safety program, and encourage all employees, sub contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Ensure the area above and around the truck is clear of overhead lines and other obstructions before raising the box to dump loads.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications I Requirements
- Class 1 Drivers License.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years' experience within the road construction industry
- 2 to 3 years' experience operating a variety of truck styles is required.
- Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Schedule of Monday - Saturday up to 16 hours per day (weather dependent). Overtime is paid in accordance with applicable employment standards legislation.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement wether, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company's drug and alcohol testing requirements.
What's In It For You?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, extended health benefits, company matching RRSP plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, accommodations and Live Out Allowance may be applicable and more!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity you would enjoy, hit the apply now button below!
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with Wapiti Gravel Suppliers, however, only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Class 1 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person