West Coast Reduction Ltd. - Nothing Left Behind*. At West Coast Reduction, nothing is important to us. Because when there’s nothing left – that is when we’ve done our job. We collect food waste and by-products from food producers, like farms, restaurants, bakeries and even supermarkets, transforming them into ingredients used in animal feed, renewable energy and thousands of other products we use every day. Our efforts contribute to a sustainable local food supply, and help us all live in cleaner and healthier communities. Visit www.wcrl.com to learn more.
At our Edmonton plant, we are hiring a full-time, permanent Plant Labourer. The role is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the plant site. Labourers assist in maintaining site dispensers, preparing waste for disposal and efficiently unloading and offloading trucks containing raw materials and/or finished product, while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Your own transportation to the plant site is preferred due to the lack of public transportation available. We are located just north of Sherwood Park. As a part of West Coast Reduction Ltd.'s hiring process, we request applicants to complete a background check for employment purposes.
- Wash and disinfect the plant site, pits, pipes, countertops, roofs, drains, company vehicles, trailers, and other areas
- Sort garbage, plastics, recyclables, metals, paper
- Safely operate forklifts, skid-steers and other hoisting devices when necessary
- Slowly and efficiently move company vehicles, containers, and trailers throughout the site in a safe and controlled manner
- Conduct safety pre-trip inspections on the site forklifts, skid steers and submit required paperwork
- Clean the yard and all pit areas including the walls and basement areas
- Unload trucks and offloading raw material and finished product totes
- Prepare coffee, clean the employee lunchroom, kitchen, and change room
- Maintain the stock of products including paper towel dispensers, soaps, food, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Strong knowledge of all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HACCP practices
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, with strong communication skills
- Ability to read or interpret diagrams, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work procedures
- Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily
- Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and exposure to animal by-products
INTERESTED CANDIDATES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION TO THE "APPLY NOW" LINK BELOW.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.