We're a company that values our employees and puts culture first. In this position, you'll have the opportunity to work with a team of insurance professionals who are passionate about making a difference in people's lives and having fun doing it. If you value relationships, have excellent communication skills and a knack for problem-solving, we want you on our team!
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we have H.E.A.R.T, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Alberta’s leading and most innovative Insurance Brokers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Leading a team of Personal Lines Account Managers
- Provide the Team with direction and coaching to ensure the efficient handling of client files
- Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring to the team in the management of day-to-day business issues
- Analyzing, developing, and implementing efficient workflows by monitoring procedures and methods to help improve processes and results
- Providing coaching and performance feedback to Account Managers by reviewing reports, discussing options, and developing action plans
- Coaching and developing the team to achieve Armour quality standards.
- Monitoring and analyzing service levels
- Fostering staff development by assisting with the selection of staff, conducting performance evaluations, providing ongoing and effective feedback, identifying training opportunities and keeping staff informed of changes to policies and procedures
- Accountable for the performance management of assigned staff
- Must be available to work within the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, Monday to Friday.
What do you bring to the role?
- General Level 2 Insurance License
- CAIB or CIP designation would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within an Insurance Brokerage
- Leadership experience is preferred including experience in performance management
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills are essential
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- RRSP contribution matching
- Robust benefits program
- Flexible personal and annual vacation days
- A workplace where your ideas and thoughts are valued
- Regular staff events organized by the Armour Social Committee
- Continuing education program to assist in achieving educational goals and designations such as CAIB, CIP, etc.
- Armour was awarded Insurance Business Canada’s Top Employer award last year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Alberta Insurance Level 2 (required)
Work Location: In person