The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs with the goal of promoting an employee-oriented, quality focused, high-performance culture at Konstant’s manufacturing facility in Brantford, Ontario.
- Assists in the development and implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs.
- Assists and advises managers and employees on HR related policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers the following HR-related services
o Compensation and payroll
o Organizational structure (charts, job descriptions, and job requirements);
o Benefits administration (ASO Health & Dental; Short and Long-Term Disability and Life)
o Employee relations and outreach
o Employee communications
o Performance management
o Employee engagement
o Glint Survey process, reporting and recommendations
o Prepares and maintains reports and database to carry out the functions of the position, including periodic reports for corporate HR and senior management, as necessary or as requested.
o Participates in meetings with employees and managers as required.
o Organizes, completes, and tracks annual Code of Conduct Refresher Training for all employees and managers.
o Tracks and advises on progressive discipline process
o Attendance management
o Service Awards
- Ensures regulatory compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable provincial and corporate requirements, conducting audits and investigations, and maintaining required records.
- Assists in the distribution and collection of the bi-annual Glint Engagement Survey process, reporting, and recommendations.
- Maintains HR records (current and historical data).
- Work with plant management to conduct incident investigation and determine necessary corrective action.
- Liaise with group benefit providers, legal counsel, and other 3rd party providers of HR-related services.
- Works with top organizational officers on HR related programs, and communications.
- Oversees all employee terminations (voluntary and involuntary) and conducts exit interviews.
- Provides input into the preparation of annual HR budget and monitors monthly.
- Serves as secretary for the Employee Committee, preparing and distributing committee minutes and assisting the committee in the execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Acts as active member of Social Committee and Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Committee.
- Assists with organizing employee events (retirements, summer BBQ’s, etc.)
- Assists with organizing and administering training and development programs as required.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Human Resources Business Partner position and is not intended to be comprehensive list of experience, skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
- Strong, effective communicator in written, presentation, and interpersonal communications
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervisio
- Highly developed relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity and skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and maintain productive relationships
- Positive attitude
- Experience in HR in a manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing new HR programs
- Change management skill and experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Work Location: In person