Graffiti Market- Stockyards Beverage Co.
Dishwasher/Receiver Job Description
- Load, run and unload dish machine
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware
- Bag and haul trash in the dish area to the designated area
- Ensures the kitchen is kept clean and sanitized throughout shift and monitor product supply, replenish when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ensure the dish/pot washing equipment is in good working order and that the necessary cleaning and rinsing agents are available
- Ensure the dishwashing and pot-washing areas (counters, floors, machines) are always kept clean.
- Ensure the storage of dishes, pots, cutlery and utensils is done appropriately and the area is clean
- Dispose of any garbage (wet and/or dry) after each meal and ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of garbage containers in the dishwashing area
- Assist in the cleaning and the sanitation of the kitchen (clean counters, equipment, floors, refrigerators, etc.)
- Assist in the receiving and the storage of all food deliveries
- Empty garbage cans and clean them after each meal
- All other duties as assigned by the Chef Manager, GM or Dining Room Supervisor
- Fast learner, hard worker, enthusiastic, good interpersonal skills, meticulous, physical strength
- Report any misuse or breakage of company supplies.
- Assist kitchen staff in proper labeling and storage of food after each meal period and perform all shift change/opening duties
- High School diploma preferred
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs
- Knows and follows knife handling skills and safety requirements
- Current Safe Food Handlers Certificate
- Must understand and carry out instructions while working together with other staff members and managers to provide a pleasant dining experience for our guests.
- Must be able to know, understand, and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat frequently to receive and store stock, supplies, and equipment, and work the line as needed during service periods.
All Dishwasher/Receivers must work together as a team and are required to work with many different people and personalities and must be flexible, adaptable and accommodating. Hours can be long at times (particularly during the first two weeks) and the work requires a good amount of energy. Employees must adapt quickly to a new working environment and working conditions (co-workers, work hours, etc.) S/he works under the supervision of the Chef Manager (and/or his/her designate) and is required to follow the work schedule established by his/her supervisor. Dishwashers are in direct contact with various commercial and industrial cleaning solutions and detergents.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person