Estimator & Project Manager – Chew Contracting (Demolition & Hazardous Materials Abatement Division)
Employment Type: Full Time; Salary
Business Unit: Chew Contracting
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Reporting to: General Manager
Wage Rate: 70,000 – 100,000 per year based on qualifications and experience
Chew Contracting, a Ralmax Company, has an immediate opening for an Estimator/Project Manager in their Demolition & Hazardous Materials Abatement Division.
What we offer
Competitive salary of $70,000 - $100,000 per year depending on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Support for learning and development
- Use of company assets including vehicle, cell phone, computer, and tablet
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Preparing and submitting accurate and competitive bids for demolition and abatement projects
- Managing all aspects of project execution, including scheduling, budgeting, quality control, safety, and customer satisfaction
- Coordinating with the crews, subcontractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and standards
- Identifying and resolving any issues or problems that may arise during the project
- Evaluating project performance and providing feedback and recommendations for improvement
Minimum 5 years of experience in demolition and hazardous materials abatement or related fields
- Experience in project management and estimating is required
- Training or certifications related to construction safety, demolition, hazardous materials abatement
- Knowledge of the regulations and requirements for identifying and controlling worker exposure to harmful substances, such as asbestos, silica, lead, mercury, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- MS Office skills required; experience in estimating and project management software preferred
About Chew Contracting and the Ralmax Group of Companies
Chew Contracting specializes in site development including demolition, deconstruction, hazardous materials removal, excavation, road works, and underground utilities.
Ralmax is a diversified group of local industrial businesses focused in and around Victoria’s working harbour. The group includes Chew Contracting, Ellice Recycle, Point Hope Maritime, Trio Ready-Mix, United Engineering, Nixon Bros. Truck Repair and Victoria Harbour Ferries. The Ralmax Group is also partnered with the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations in Salish Sea Industrial Services.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures to join our team (including self-identifying Indigenous, status, non-status, Metis, and Inuit and non-Indigenous cultures). If you have any questions regarding this position or applying for the position, please reach out and email us at: [email protected]. We want to support all applicants during this process.
Submission Deadline: Open until filled
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are looking forward to connecting with you!