ReSET (Retail Standards Execution Team)
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers.
We are currently recruiting a Merchandising Crew to join our Retail Standards Execution Team (ReSET). This position will be for our Kent Store located at – 225 Chain Lake Drive, Halifax NS.
The Merchandising Crew will take part in achieving our goal of improving and standardizing our product presentation to enhance the customer shopping experience and drive sales. This role is responsible for assigned merchandising reset and service-related tasks as outlined in product planograms and other merchandising execution documents.
- Execution of merchandising resets provided by Planogram Team.
- Support roll-out of merchandising projects for end caps, dump bins, and other promotional spaces.
- Merchandising seasonal spaces.
- Executing merchandising plans for special promotions and advertising campaigns
- Ensure displays are properly functioning, bay sets are clean, priced, down-stocked, front faced and detailed.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Retail/merchandising experience is considered an asset
- Enjoy merchandising and have merchandising experience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with detail.
- Proficient in software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with other teams within the organization.
- Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job, such as hand tools, drills and saws.
- Task and results oriented and have the ability to prioritize tasks to be done.
- Valid drivers’ license with own, reliable transportation (travel between Halifax and Lower Sackville locations required)
- Ability to work Monday to Friday 6am-3pm
- A safe work environment
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative, which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, respect and value the perspectives and contributions of our employees regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, nationality, and physical ability.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation, please let us know.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3S 1C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have your own vehicle?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Merchandising: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person