Apprentice 310T or 310J Technician
Under the responsibility of the Fleet Maintenance Manager, the candidate will be responsible to inspect, perform repairs, and determine the nature of the defects and failures on trailers. The technician must follow all preventive maintenance practices. He will need to adjust and repair equipment, replace defective parts, installation or replace components using manual and mechanical tools. The technician is also required to hold a valid membership with the Skilled Trades of Ontario.
- Perform annual vehicle inspections for the Ministry of Transport
- Carry out the various types of inspections on equipment without supervision.
- Detect problems of all kinds.
- Ensure that the repairs are in accordance with manufacturer and government requirements.
- Clean and lubricate equipment and trailers.
- Complete repairs according to prescribed deadlines.
- Perform major or minor repairs such as brakes, suspension, lights, etc.
- Test the repaired equipment to ensure it is working properly.
- Must be able to diagnose & repair any trailer.
- Must be able to work safely in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to present yourself in a positive, professional manner.
- Able to communicate in clear English with the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations and company policy/procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Welding and Fabrication experience an asset.
- Valid Skilled Trades of Ontario Membership
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a related position
- A good working environment marked by respect, authenticity, innovation and commitment.
- A competitive salary
- Full benefits
- Group insurance plan
You wish to be part of our team? Please apply directly on our website at cat.ca/careers/
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- automotive technician: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person