The candidate would be responsible for performing all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient and effective manner. Not to be confined to shop activities alone, the mechanic is also expected to do field repair work at remote worksites in possible emergency situations.
- The job will be shop based with some on-site work required (service truck provided)
- Maintenance, Repair, and troubleshooting of many different engines and pump manufacturers
- Strong electrical troubleshooting capabilities
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail
- Able to work on a variety of equipment, from skid steers, loaders, pickups, engines, pumps etc.
- Welding and fabrication experience preferred
- Prior pump experience is considered an asset but not required
- Able to work out of town with service trucks alongside work crews.
- Must work well with others as well as alone
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance and repairs on all equipment.
- Inspect vehicles and equipment to find defects or deficiencies and keep the units compliant with all regulations
- Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe, and environmentally sound manner.
- Maintain daily schedule and shop activities to ensure maximum productivity.
- Keep organized maintenance reports and documentation.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with little supervision
- Communicating directly with management, as well as field staff.
- Work on-call as required. Work additional overtime when necessary.
- Working on all aspects of rebuilding and repairing equipment
- Work with other mechanics on troubleshooting and rebuilds
- Able to work under stress
- Previous experience as a pump mechanic
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn
- Willingness to work on weekends and evenings when needed
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily basis
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
- Other duties assigned as needed
- 5 +years of mechanic experience with similar diesel equipment and/or heavy equipment or specialty lines equipment (large-scale generators, pumps, or Oil & Gas equipment) is strongly preferred
- Clean Driving Record
Wages will depend on experience, knowledge of equipment, tools etc.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $36.00-$47.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Red Deer County, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Heavy equipment technician: 4 years (required)
- Journey man heavy equipment technician license (required)
Work Location: In person