Packaging Associate - Job Description:Afternoon Shift (3:15pm - 1:15am) :
Join one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Cannabis Co-Pack (CCP) is one of Canada’s leading cannabis white label and co-packing companies. We produce cannabis products for cultivators all over Canada including some of Canada’s most well-known cannabis brands. Our services allow cultivators to focus on growing premium flower, leaving the production to us.
We are seeking a Packaging Associate who will be responsible for working with teams on jobs such as de-stemming, milling, and general processing of dry flower as well as weighing, packaging dry flower and pre-rolls, labelling and preparing bulk orders of cannabis. This role will include keeping detailed records of activity, following Good Documentation Practices, packaging materials dispensing and shipments of finished products. The successful candidate will be responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and carry out responsibilities.
The position location is Brantford, Ontario and will require daily on site attendance at our licensed facility.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products upon receipt in order to ensure that product specifications are met
- Maintain inventory of packaging supplies and ensure it is sufficient to meet the demand
- Perform daily reconciliation to ensure incoming and outgoing product orders are accurate
- Set-up, operate and monitor packaging equipment and rooms in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Clean and sanitize material, equipment and rooms in compliance with SOPs as well as consistently maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work station and environment
- Perform inspection, de-stemming and milling of product
- Perform weighing, sealing, capping, labelling and general packaging of product
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing
- Maintain communication with others, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of packaging
- Utilize a continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Obtain training on and perform continued awareness and practice of work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Perform all duties according to SOP, GMP and all other established safety standards and company policy
- High School Diploma or GDP preferred but not required
- Must be 19 years old and pass criminal record check
- Able to perform simple math including add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Physically able to wear cleanroom/protective gowning and equipment, including but not limited to gowning, hair nets, and protective gloves
- Physically able to stand or sit for long periods of time and has good hand/eye coordination
- Physically able to perform occasional lifting, bending and twisting as well as the consistent maintenance of a clean work station
- Must have effective verbal communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- A strong attention to detail is preferred
- Experience working on a manufacturing line or within the Cannabis, Pharmaceutical or Food and Beverage industry preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail, strong work ethic, commitment to attendance
Hours of Work
Monday-Thursday 3:15pm - 1:15am
$18.50 per hour