Project Manager - Engineering
Our Powell River team is looking for a Project Manager to join their multi-disciplinary team that maintains, modernizes and ensures the safety and reliability of our hydroelectricity stations in British Columbia. We are looking for a Project Manager with experience in hydroelectric construction / refurbishment projects. The position will require full-time presence in Powell River and travel to the remote sites when required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure strict adherence to our Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) requirements by contractors, consultants and employees throughout all phases of the assigned project(s);
- Prepare and report project budgets and forecasts, and minimize risk through effective management of scope and project changes (negotiating change orders, monitoring and reporting of project progress);
- Overall project planning and scheduling of assigned projects;
- Develop tenders and contract documentation and administer contracts;
- Act as technical support and liaison with internal and external technical resources and experts in developing efficient & effective solutions;
- Operations technical support, fieldwork monitoring, coordination with other project teams and Operations.
You should apply if you have:
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of electrical engineering related to renewable energy power generation;
- Demonstrated safe work habits and record as well as familiarity with local / regional regulatory requirements related to Health & Safety;
- Intimate knowledge of related industry standards, and knowledge of provincial and federal environmental and construction regulations;
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Desire to work in a focused small team environment on challenging projects.
What you must have:
- Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in , electrical engineering;
- Minimum five (5) years of project management / construction experience, preferably in the hydroelectric industry;
- Ability to solve problems, demonstrate analytical independence and good judgment in order to propose and communicate innovative solutions;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of contract and agreement language.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors is preferred;
- Certification (CAPM, PMP, etc.) and/or academic training in project management is considered an asset;
You’ll want to join our team for:
- The competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Our health, dental & paramedical benefits
- Our retirement savings plan
Who we are:
Evolugen is Brookfield Renewable’s Canadian operations business. We currently own and operate 61 renewable energy facilities across Canada, including 33 hydroelectric facilities, 4 wind farms, and 24 solar sites, for a total installed capacity of 1912 MW. Following decades of growth as Brookfield Renewable and the launch of our new identity in 2019, we have been focused on developing and operating our renewable energy portfolio in Canada. As an industry leader, our mission is to develop and deploy sustainable solutions designed to accelerate our transition to a low-carbon future in Canada. Located in close proximity to Parliament, Evolugen’s beautiful head office boasts bright open-concept workspaces, floor to ceiling windows and is home to approximately 450 high-calibre professionals, who serve multiple Brookfield Renewable companies. Here, our team manages all our Canadian renewable power facilities, in addition to pursing development opportunities across the country.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Powell River, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have at least 5 years of experience in project management / construction?
- Do you have a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution electrical engineering?
Work Location: In person