Northland Properties' Construction Division is looking for a Regional Maintenance Manager for the Northern BC Region in its Capital Repairs team.
Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned, Northland Properties' are recognized as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, resorts, sports, construction, and asset management. Our well-known and loved brands have been bringing people together to celebrate unforgettable experiences across Canada, the US, Ireland, and the UK for over 50 years. As Canada’s fastest-growing hospitality group, we believe the foundation of our continued success is our people and their ability to take great care of our guests.
What will you be responsible for?
- Oversee the maintenance and capital repair activities for all properties within the region, including Prince George, Quesnel, Williams Lake, McBride, Blue River, Terrace, and others.
- Regularly inspect properties to identify capital and emergent repair needs
- Create and manage construction schedules and budgets for maintenance projects.
- Manage vendor selection for maintenance and repair services.
- Supervise and coordinate day-to-day activities of the crew, providing guidance, training, and performance evaluations.
- Hire, train, and assign employees, crew and subcontractors, providing coaching, counselling, and discipline if necessary to achieve high performance and quality.
- Enforce best building practices, conducting inspections to maintain construction quality standards, resolving problems and implementing measures to improve efficiency.
- Manage contracts, negotiate pricing, and ensure timely completion of work.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program
- Conduct regular inspections of properties to assess maintenance needs.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports of maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with property owners, tenants, and other stakeholders to address maintenance concerns and provide updates on repair work
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Support the growth and development of company culture and professionally represent Northland Properties.
- Performs other duties as required
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles.
- Trades Certification, such as Red Seal for plumbing, electrical or carpentry will be considered an asset
- Strong communication and leadership skills to effectively lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Competence in project scheduling, cost estimation and budget management.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documentation.
- Familiarity with construction codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Understanding of all safety procedures, hazard recognition, and proactive risk mitigation to ensure health & safety standards.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, with good initiative and strong work ethic.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
What do you get?
- Salary determined by skill set and experience
- Extended family Health care, including vision, dental, and Group Life Insurance (after three months of full-time service).
- Annual bonus opportunities
- Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP) after a year of employment
- Employee discounts across the Northland-owned hotels and resorts.
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- ½ price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort for up to 4 people
- HumanaCare free mental health support & counselling
- Excellent career growth opportunities as part of the growing company.
- Collaborative, friendly working environment
Prince George, BC
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Northland Properties. However, only those selected will be contacted.
At Northland Properties, we are committed to building a network of talented professionals who can help to provide exceptional hospitality experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we are constantly seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us in various fields, including Construction, Finance, IT, HR, Marketing, and Support Center. To join our dedicated team and be a part of our thriving hospitality community, explore the exciting career opportunities available at https://northland.ca/careers/.