Lucky Supermarket is an independent Canadian grocery store specializing in products from all over Asia such as Vietnam, China, Philippines, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc.
We are dedicated to giving our customers the best shopping experience by providing quality products, selection, competitive pricing, and exceptional service.
In the grocery clerk role, you are expected to assist customers courteously, which may include helping carry groceries to their vehicles. At times you will serve as a cashier or bagger, so it’s helpful to memorize item codes. Success in this role will be determined by providing a pleasant experience for customers and increasing customer retention.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Initiates assistance to customers and escorts them to the proper aisles.
- Cleans the supermarket.
- Replenishes product inventory.
- Organizes product displays.
- Processes payments.
- Bags groceries and helps customers carry them to their vehicle when needed.
- Seeks feedback on how to improve customer service.
- Prior working experience as a grocery clerk.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to work on weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and pays strong attention to detail.
- Must be physically fit.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.65-$19.41 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R2P 1S7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person