CRANE TRUCK OPERATOR
Bremner Engineering and Construction Ltd. (BECL) is celebrating our 40-year anniversary this season and since 1983 has strived to be the leading construction organization within the Bow Valley area.
BECL is currently offering year-round employment and competitive wages for a mobile crane truck operator. The position has the opportunity to be part-time or full-time.
- Overtime after 40-hours a week.
- Wage is negotiable based on level of experience.
- Company benefits available after a 3-month probation period.
- Travel allowance available for candidates outside of the Bow Valley area.
Potential candidate requisites are:
- Possess a valid Class-1 or Class-3 with air brake endorsement driver’s license.
- Journeyman or 3rd year apprenticeship.
- CSA certified Safety boots.
- CSTS Certification or equivalent is an asset.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in construction setting.
- Positive attitude with an attention to safety.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also be self-motivated as an individual.
- Have garments available to match variable weather (rain, cold and hot conditions).
Duties for Mobile Crane Truck Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Performing various crane operations at construction sites.
- Loading and unloading equipment and attachments.
- Loading and unloading various construction materials.
- Option as a Class-1 driver: Operating tandem truck & pups, end dumps, and lowboys.
- Option as a Class-3: Operating tandem and water trucks.
- Track and keep record of daily load and hours in log books.
- Refuel and clean vehicle daily.
- Report incidents or near-misses to supervisor. Follow incident and accident procedures.
- Abide by all traffic laws and road bans. Follow planned routes.
- Inspect trucks and record in daily log books.
- Report mechanical issues to maintenance personnel.
- Wiliness to assist crew in labour duties and other related duties considered an asset.
- 20-55 Hours per week. 5-6 Days a week.
- Position available immediately.
- Supportive team environment focused on professionalism and safety.
- Safety training offered to all staff.
Please visit our website at www.becl.ca.
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-55 per week
Salary: Up to $32.00 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canmore, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-05-22