Augusta Fruit Market is a wholesale food distributor located in downtown Toronto near the intersection of College and Spadina. We supply fruits, vegetables, herbs, mushrooms, dried goods, and grocery items to a variety of restaurants, hotels, schools, stadiums, and other foodservice establishments in the GTA. As a company, we thrive when our dedication to quality and superior execution contributes to the success of our customers.
We are currently seeking a team member to fill a Delivery Driver position. Responsibilities include:
- Loading & unloading trucks
- Driving from point-to-point while following dispatchers' route guidance
- Presenting and retrieving the required paperwork from customers
- Driving in a safe and efficient manner
The individual filling this position will report to the Delivery Dispatchers, who will oversee training, assign routes, and ensure standards are met.
The shift is as follows:
- Monday 7:30AM-5:30PM
- Tuesday 7:30AM-5:30PM
- Wednesday OFF
- Thursday OFF
- Friday 7:30AM-5:30PM
- Saturday 8:00AM- 5:30PM
- Sunday 8:30AM-5:00PM
Essential personal traits for the right candidate include:
G-Class license & at least 3 years driving experience required. Previous truck driving experience strongly preferred.
Prior experience in the produce industry is a plus. Great position for someone seeking steady hours and a consistent work schedule.
Ability to lift boxes in excess of 25kg required.
Those seeking a short-term position need not apply (less than 6 months).
Augusta Fruit Market is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to providing a positive, safe work environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5T 1M3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- delivery driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving: 5 years (required)
- G class driver's license (required)
Work Location: In person