West Ottawa Sleep Centre
At MedSleep, skilled, dedicated, enthusiastic employees are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to building and nurturing a great place to work, learn, and develop. We are proud of our people and our company.
We have a great career opportunity for someone looking to join a growing team of health professionals! At MedSleep, we are committed to providing the highest quality in sleep therapy services across Canada.
We provide clinical consultation, diagnostic services (sleep testing) and treatment for a wide range of sleep disorders. We are dedicated to helping our patients improve their lives through better sleep.
If you are looking for a meaningful career, where you have the opportunity to perform on the job paid training, and the ability to work towards becoming a Registered Polysomnographic Sleep Technologist accreditation, with the potential for continued growth this may be the right opportunity for you!
- The Polysomnographic Technologist ensures the proper performance of all procedures relating to the accurate, safe operation of all diagnostic and therapeutic polysomnographic services provided by our clinics.
- You will be provided 240 hours of hands-on training plus theoretical training.
- This role involves direct patient contact including describing the procedures, setting-up the patient for the overnight study, addressing questions, resolving technical or equipment issues and monitoring the sleep study throughout the evening.
- Relevant and completed post-secondary education -- BSc (Sciences) BA in Psychology, Biology, Neuroscience, or an Allied Health care professional.
- Ability to work overnight shifts.
- Shifts are ten and a half (10.5) hours per night.
- We are looking for someone who can 3-4 shifts per week.
- Candidates must be able to work on weekends.
- There is a possibility of this role becoming full-time.
- Effective communication and troubleshooting skills, and ability to work independently.
- A focus on high quality patient care. Enthusiasm for learning.
- French or fluency in other languages is an asset.
- A clear VSC will be required before the end of one month of working.
Why Join our MedSleep Team?
Looking to make an impact? Do you love patient care? Are you a science graduate looking to put your degree to use?
We are a national Canadian company that has continued to grow since its' establishment in 2004. We believe you can reach your best self by getting proper sleep. Which is why we are committed to providing the highest quality of sleep care.
Why join MedSleep?
- Opportunities for career growth;
- Commitment to education - personal and professional development;
- Our positions give you DIRECT patient care. Gain patient interaction experience;
- Dedicated to the growing field of the Science of Sleep;
- We value all our employees, each person counts;
- Meaningful work;
- Help shape the future of sleep!
Our employees say:
- They look forward to coming into work.
- They feel they contribute to the success of the company.
- They are proud to work at MedSleep.
We are a diverse organization. Each of us is a unique individual. We are proud to say that women represent the majority of our Senior Management team!
We love what we do and want to share that with you. Help build our legacy and future!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
Expected hours: 30 – 40 per week
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K2C 0P7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person