Ross Memorial Hospital (RMH) is an active, acute-care community hospital located in the heart of the City of Kawartha Lakes. Among our acute and continuing care services, our team cares for 45,000 patients per year in the 24/7/365 emergency department, provides orthopedics and ophthalmology, operates a dialysis unit, and is renowned for its mental health programs and restorative seniors care. The Ross family takes pride in providing compassionate, quality patient care.
The Diagnostic Imaging Department is currently seeking a Temporary Part Time Ultrasonographer to join their healthcare team.
Effective Date: March 13, 2023
Ending on or before March 17, 2024
The Diagnostic Imaging Department (DI) offers a variety of services to inpatients and outpatients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Modalities offered include X-ray, CT, MRI, US, Mammography (including Ontario Breast Screening OBSP), Echocardiography and non-invasive IR procedures.
Orthopedic fracture clinics run multiple days per week, adding to the variety of patients seen. Patient complexity ranges based on individual patient needs.
- Must be a member of CMRITO (College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario)
- Current BCLS Certification on hire
- Must be able to work independently
- Position involves heavy lifting and transporting of patients
- Demonstrate high level of communication , organizational and time management
- Demonstrate ability to deal effectively and co-operatively with all levels of staff,
patients and the public
- Must provide compassion and respect for the patient, family and support persons
in the provision of Imaging Services
- Demonstrate the ability to respond rapidly to changing conditions in a dynamic
- PACS experience
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of the job , as per current Physical
- Sonography experience
- Computer experience in a Windows environment (e.g. Epic, MediPatient)
Hours of Work
Current hours of work are Monday to Sunday day shift and on call hours. Shifts and hours may change according to departmental requirements and as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Ross Memorial Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process at the request of the applicant.
Employees must meet expectations for appropriate, respectful and professional conduct, as set out in the RMH Code of Conduct.